Liebster Award!

Do you know about the Liebster Award?  I have been nominated at my other blog but never here and I am so excited to share a little bit of (strangeness) about me through this fun award.



The Liebster award is not exactly an accolade, you aren't receiving a trophy but you are getting some love. Consider this a Blog Love chain letter for up-and-coming bloggers.
The Leibster is given to ambitious bloggers with less than 200 followers
The word "Liebster" in German means: sweetest, kindest, lovely, dearest, and beloved.  And if you know me, you know I love to spread love and acts of kinds. {If you follow me on Twitter you know}
The Liebster may not award you with a plaque, but it does mean you are being recognized. You do not have to accept the Liebster, if you do not wish to.  Nominees who except must pass the love on.
This award is a way to get to know fellow bloggers, and ultimately share kindness.
If you decide to accept the Leibster Award, what are you responsibilities?
Answer the questions that your nominator posted for his/her nominees.
Share 11 random facts about yourself.
Make up 11 new fun questions for your nominees.
Give some love back to your nominator and link back to his/her post.
You must nominate 5-11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers. 


Once you publish your post, let your nominees know they've been nominated, and they can choose to accept or decline.   


I was nominated by Mrs. AOK so here I am with my answers to her questions.




  1. Where are you from? I am from Carlisle, PA and currently live about 20 minute from there in Camp Hill. We are really close to lots of things and places that we enjoy visiting and even though I never thought I would live in Camp Hill due to stigmas I held, but so far I love it!
  2. Why do you blog? I actually have this and another blog. I think it is fun to share ideas, inspiration and creations.  I started my crafting blog out of a suggestion of an previous coworker because I thought it was a great idea to kind of chronicle my projects and ideas as I completed things. As far as this blog, to hopefully inspire even just a few others and connect with other fitness bloggers, especially the running community.
  3. Tattoos? I don’t have any, but some day would love to get one on my foot. My issue now is that I wouldn’t want to give up running days to heal.. so when is a good time then? Never. haha
  4. Favorite movie of all time- Wow, I really have to think on this one! I don’t think I can really pick just one. I really love certain actors/actresses and they are what attract me to certain movies. I really loved My Best Friend’s Wedding though and that was probably my favorite for the longest time. But oh man, I could go on and on.
  5. If I could live in any era- I would want to dip my toes in any era of simplicity. Like real simplicity where men took care of the women and women took care of the home and children. Not that I think life was any easier then, it would just be interesting to live without all the technology we have these days where people can’t publicize every second of their day.
  6. What is your favorite blog- I generally go for blogs either about crafting or running (or working out).  A few of my faves:
  7. What book are you reading? I just finished Sarah Dessen’s Lock & Key. I really love her writing style and it was a good read. I am now starting Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner
  8. Coffee or tea- Both! I love coffee generally in the mornings for a kick in the pants and then usually tea in the afternoon to warm myself up at work (it can get a little chilly!)
  9. Who inspires you? Well first and foremost this is my mom and sister. They are both wonderful women and mothers. Next are all those people out there who are determined to lose large amounts of weight and transform their lives to make it happen. Although I am a runner, I didn’t start it because I needed to lose weight. I didn’t start because I wanted to lose weight. I did start because I wanted to see if I could do something that I didn’t think was possible and that was to run. Although I never had a huge battle to fight to get to be a healthy weight, I admire those that recognize their life is unhealthy and desire to be more for themselves and their families. These are the people that can inspire others to give their all and that they too can do it.
  10. If you could eat dinner with 3 celebs, politicians, or philosophers, who would you invite?  I think I would love to have dinner with Obama. It would be interesting to see him in regular conversation because I think he would be really entertaining.  I would also love to have dinner with Mathew McConaughey because he also is quite entertaining, has an interesting accent and lets face it, is very easy on the eyes ;). Third, I think I would invite Oprah… her insights and life experiences would certainly make for a great dinner conversation!
  11. If you could have one super hero’s power who would it be- Flash! To be able to zip somewhere super-duper fast and not really get tired. Either that or fly (which so many of them can do) so I could avoid traffic on the way to work or anywhere for that matter.
    11 Random facts about me:
    #1 I am obsessed with eating quinoa lately, #2 I am doing my first half marathon in October, #3 I mostly eat healthy but love a good burger, pizza, and some ice cream here and there, #4 I work in the (crazy) mental health/substance abuse field and so does my hubby, #5 I love purple. I am getting ready to return my garmin forerunner 10 because they came out with a purple version within 2 months of when I bought mine, #6, I have 3 nephews who I love so much!, #7 I have been married almost 4 years and we have been together almost 10, #8 I am also obsessed with avocados and hummus (I now make my own), #9 I never thought I'd run a 5k, let alone a half marathon.. amazing what others encouraging you can do! #10 I sometimes make myself too busy and then crash and burn.. I know this yet continue to do it over and over #11 I am a quote hoarder- like put post it notes to mark them in a book I am reading so I can come back later and write them down- yep, call me crazy.
    So there are my answers... now onto my NOMS:
    My nominees are:
    3. Mallory @Run.Eat.Teach

    5. Mary Anne@ The Plaid Owls

    My list is short only because I really wanted to keep this list to fitness blogs, but the ones I follow either all had a million and 1 followers or they didn't have GFC listed on their blogs. I am sure there are some other super duper awesome ones out there.. I just need to seriously find them... leave me yours if you are low on GFC followers... we can show each other some love!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HempPro70 Giveaway!!

PRO Compression Giveaway!!!!

Into the woods